Buhari, Atiku and others: who deserves to lead Nigeria in 2019?

Welcome Forums General Forum Buhari, Atiku and others: who deserves to lead Nigeria in 2019?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Stephen Azubuike Stephen Azubuike 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Azubuike
    Stephen Azubuike
    Keymaster

It is no longer news that the question as to who leads Nigeria as President come 2019 appears more like a battle between Buhari of APC and Atiku of PDP. We cannot however totally rule out the slim chances of others like Duke, Moghalu, etc.
    Now, given that we’re already familiar with the usual promises by politicians in their manifestos, one is interested in knowing about that one or two factors that makes either of these contestants special and deserving of our votes.

Stephen Azubuike
    Stephen Azubuike
    Keymaster

So it happened that after many shots, we suddenly began to see Buhari as messiah, following a massive propaganda that even casts doubts on Fr. Mbaka’s prophetic integrity. Buhari had as his running mate, a man of high intellectual pedigree. Sadly, the messiah we hoped for was never to become. Today, Atiku has emerged, holding hands with a business tycoon with an admirable educational background in the person of Peter Obi. In precisely the same fashion, we are up again on our shoes, dancing to the same beat that have left many with broken ankles and stiffened waists. Anything but Jonathan and now, anything but Buhari. Well, the positive side to this is that many thinking Nigerians are simply believing that it’s better to keep changing them until we get it right. My concern is that we need to mount pressure on those voices we elected to speak for us at the National Assembly to make a strong move to restructure this country. The Nigeria as we have it today is not working. Atiku will not change anything. He joined forces with the proponents of Change, spent billions but he and his forces could not deliver Change. He made no input to help the Government deliver Change because the only change he had hoped for was to be president. He abandoned them and formed a new alliance with old forces. If you want to be articulate, it is more sensible to subject Atiku to thorough scrutiny. Perhaps he deserves to be given a chance. But there is nothing to celebrate about his emergence.

Sanford Mba
    Sanford Mba
    Participant

I read through this post and I am at least consoled that I am not alone in my thoughts. For me, it also important that we reach that point where beyond our cynicism (which by the way has ample justification), we are also able to make up our minds to queue behind other options. If like me you still feel physical pain when Nigeria is up for discussion, it may well not be a waste of vote to “revolt” against those who have willfully or inadvertently caused this pain.

Chris Ikenna
    Chris Ikenna
    Participant

I am not too optimistic about Atiku performing miracle once he gets elected as the president in 2019. The only thing that lifted my spirit is the fact that he picked Peter Obi as his running mate, a man that has the capacity to positively impact on the lives of Nigerians. I hope they win. I am just tired of Buhari’s exhibition of gross incompetence. Re-electing Buhari for another 4 years as Nigeria president will amount to a total waste of years. We have seen his best and he has absolutely nothing more to offer.

Stephen Azubuike
    Stephen Azubuike
    Keymaster

@Chris, vice-presidents hardly influence anything. I’m worried…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.