Has religion failed Nigerians?

Welcome Forums General Forum Has religion failed Nigerians?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Dumebi Azubuike Dumebi Azubuike 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nancy Ugomma
    Nancy Ugomma
    Participant

Definitely.

I wouldn’t say religion, I’d say, the Nigerian brand of religion and our prosperity pastors has absolutely failed us as citizens. They have craftily ignored the more important gospel of salvation and fellowship, hence, they never play with tithes and seed.

The Bible recorded that Jesus was made poor so that we may become rich. 2 Cor. 8:9.

The early missionaries built schools, hospitals and convents to aid the local population, with proceeds and funds raised amongst themselves and by the generosity of ordinary members, people who had no affiliation with the locals but cared for them nevertheless, their overall aim was the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it’s propagation.

The Nigerian church today has made its members poor, hence, has become very rich. Proceeds from offerings and tithes are kept for themselves, by themselves. Some are used to build expensive and unaffordable schools far out of the reach and budgets of its ordinary memebers, the same people paying the tithes and sowing endless seeds.

The bible recorded that Jesus chased out these sort of pastors from the synagogue with whips.

He scattered the money changers’ coins over the floor, and turned over their table…

-John 2:15

The early church in Nigeria was very much interested in salvation and charity, the Nigerian church today is only interested in bigger buildings, structures, properties and possessions. The church has become a family businesses built on deception and theatrics.

Religion it self is not to be blamed for the vices of society, rather it is the men who have abused this noble order that is to be blamed.

Here’s Jesus’s commandment of His followers:

“Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.”

– Luke 12:33.

So I ask, these Nigerian pastors building immense wealth here on earth, without giving to the poor and needy, are they really of Christ?

Read more about the signs of the end time prophets then compare their behaviours to that of famous Nigerian pastors. It’s quite unbelievable.

Anonymous

You’ve made vital points indeed. I believe it is Nigerians that probably failed religion.

Chekwube Agada
    Chekwube Agada
    Participant

Nigerians have failed Religion

Dumebi Azubuike
    Dumebi Azubuike
    Participant

yes… and i believe it is this failure that is giving rise to atheism. however, as individuals we can uphold the basic virtues that accompany the “Christ-like” behaviour associated with Christianity. sometimes id rather praise God in my house and shun church going!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.