Paul Usoro Vs EFCC

Welcome Forums Lawyers Forum Paul Usoro Vs EFCC

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stephen Azubuike Stephen Azubuike 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Azubuike
    Stephen Azubuike
    Keymaster

The address of the NBA President, Mr. Paul Usoro SAN, at the NBA NEC meeting recently concerning the allegations of money laundering leveled against him by the EFCC and his subsequent visits to EFCC and written statements raise compelling issues regarding the approach of the EFCC against lawyers, their fee earning capacity and the corresponding need to curb money laundering activities.

It is our hope that the issues would be reasonably resolved to preserve the integrity of our legal practice!

Chris Ikenna
    Chris Ikenna
    Participant

Both EFCC and Paul Usoro should have their day in court. I believe this case will go a long way in either weakening or strengthening the legal profession. I am too eager to know how the learned silk will go about this case. I wouldn’t be happy to hear the case has been dropped.

Stephen Azubuike
    Stephen Azubuike
    Keymaster

I am really eager to see the justice of the case. But I am irritated at the EFCC for generally intruding into lawyers’ fees. They are against fees they consider too high. That’s too bad.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.