- October 18, 2017
- Posted by: Stephen Azubuike
- Category: Special Feature
The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) proudly presents a Training Seminar on:
Legal and Risk Aspects of Derivatives and Central Counterparty Clearing (CCP) Transactions.
Date: Monday 20th to Tuesday 21st of November 2017.
Time: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm daily.
Venue: Civic Centre, Ozumba Mbadiwe, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Michael Voisin and Mark Drury, Partners, Linklaters LLP, UK;
- Prof. Fidelis Oditah QC, SAN, Principal Partner Fidelis Oditah & Co;
- Marilyn Ramplin, Hedge Fund Academy (Specialist, Derivatives Training Providers of the Johnannesbourg Stock Exchange);
- Terence Saayman, Head, Risk, Johannesburg Stock Exchange;
- John Oriogun, Oriogun PLLC, NY, USA.
- Understanding the concepts of Derivatives (exchange-traded derivates (ETDs) & over-the-counter derivatives (OTCs));
- Understanding the concept of a central counterparty (CCP) and the use/ application of same in Derivatives transactions;
- Fundamentals and mechanics of Derivatives and CCP transactions (in-depth and complex nature of both transactions);
- The legal framework and legal documentation for Derivatives and CCP transactions;
- The role of the respective lawyers of the different participants in Derivatives and CCP transactions;
- The various risks associated with Derivatives and CCP transactions (including counterparty risk, market risk, legal and regulatory risks, leverage risk and volatility, etc.) and the appropriate risk management measures; and
- Dispute resolution mechanism for Derivatives and CCP transactions.
- Educate participants on the concept of Derivatives (ETDs and OTCs) and CCPs in preparation for the imminent launch of the ETDs by The Exchange and the CCP market wide infrastructure by the relevant stakeholders in the Nigerian capital market.
- Equip participants with the requisite knowledge of the legal framework, legal documentation and transactional skills necessary for the success of Derivatives and CCP transactions.
- Explain the dispute resolution mechanism for Derivatives and CCP transactions.
- Expound on the role of lawyers and in-house counsel in Derivatives and CCP transactions from the perspective of the regulators, the Exchange, the trading members, the clearing members, the CCP entity, the transaction advisors, or the investing public as a whole.
- The Course is certified by The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA): Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits/points will be awarded by the NBA to participants (Lawyers only) upon conclusion of the training.
- The Course is endorsed by The Risk Managers Association of Nigeria (RIMAN), and will generate Mandatory Continuing Professional Development (MCPD) points upon conclusion of the training.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All risk management officers in relevant organizations;
- All lawyers in law firms who advise on capital market transactions;
- Lawyers who will be involved in dispute resolutions for Derivatives and CCP Transactions;
- In-house counsel/compliance officers of Dealing Member firms, Banks, Investment Banks, Issuing Houses, Exchanges, PFAs, Regulatory Bodies, Listed Companies, Oil Companies, Telecommunications Companies, Insurance Companies, etc.
N150,000.00 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) only.
Early Bird Registration Fee: N120,000 (Closes November 1, 2017).
Payments should be made using the following Account Details:
- A/C Name: Nigerian Stock Exchange
- A/C No.: 2000920988
- Bank: First Bank.
If you need any assistance from Stephen Legal Blog, kindly contact us.
YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS THIS!